The Cape Town College of Magic’s Children’s Magic Festival makes a wild return to the Mother City from 14 to 18 December, 2021, with a thrilling new theme – Safari!
Five days of spellbinding entertainment with a touch of adventure awaits festival goers at the school’s mysterious Victorian manor house. Young explorers and their families are invited to dress up to the theme – anything from the Big 5 to courageous trackers, thrill-seeking adventurers and more!
The 75-minute programme will run daily from 14 to 18 December 2021 (including 16 December) at 10am, 11am, 12pm and 2pm. Seating arrangements have been adjusted for an outdoor experience.
New format for the show
– An outdoor magic show complete with mystical wonder performed by the College’s most talented young entertainers.
– Audiences will experience the magical action with a social distancing seating format in an outdoor eco-theatre.
– A self-guided tour through the College’s century-old mansion, where all kinds of fascinating discoveries await intrepid explorers.
– Opportunities for to observe jugglers, clowns, puppeteers and more in their natural enchanting habitat.
– No safari is complete without a photographic keepsake and guests will get a touch of the impossible with theirs – think mind blowing optical illusions, like posing in an upside down room, and more!
– Learning the tricks of the magical trade – aspiring magicians can learn a new magic trick or show off their gaming prowess at one of the magical carnival game stations.
– Graze on a magical picnic: delicious snacks and drinks to satisfy hungry little adventurers and their loved ones will be available for purchase from the Dutch Deli onsite.
The Children’s Magic Festival is one of the College of Magic’s major annual fundraising events. The upcoming venture is in partnership with the City of Cape Town.
The organisation is thrilled to have an opportunity to reinvent the Children’s Magic Festival experience for a new audience: “It is the perfect holiday event for families wanting to share a safe and fun experience together. Book your tickets and join us,” says College of Magic’s Creative Director Chad Findlay.
What: College of Magic’s Children’s Magic Festival 2021
When: 14 to 18 December 2021
Where: 215 Imam Haron Road Claremont Cape Town
Tickets: R100, sold in groups of 4 for family bookings, Quicket