The Stay Well Concert live with Tebogo Louw (pictured below) and others promises an online treat this weekend.
Music legends Chick Corea, Mark Isham, Greg Camp and chart-toppers from six continents will come together – virtually – for the Stay Well Concert hosted by actress Erika Christensen (Parenthood) and presented by the Scientology Network. The music special will be broadcast on Friday, 22 May 2020 at 8pm on the Scientology Network streaming at scientology.tv as well as on YouTube Live, Facebook Live and Periscope.
The one-hour telecast features a lineup of influential artists representing a dozen nations and a range of musical genres. South African artists participating in the concert include Suthukazi Arosi (South African Music Award winner and National Culture and Heritage Honoree), Tebogo Louw (Idols South Africa), Louis Mhlanga (Guitar: Miriam Makeba, Hugh Masekela, Ray Phiri) and Jimmy Mngwandi (Bass: Simphiwe Dana, Brenda Fassie, Yusef Lateef).
“Collaborating on these songs from a distance was quite interesting and crazily exciting,” said Suthukazi Arosi. “We as artists were involved passionately doing what we do best as messengers – to put the message out there that all people will get motivated, educated, healed and entertained.”
The Stay Well Concert live with Tebogo Louw and others includes:
- Chick Corea (23-time Grammy Award winner)
- Greg Camp (Smash Mouth founding member, guitarist and songwriter)
- Rubén Blades (9-time Grammy Award winner)
- Mark Isham (Grammy winner and Academy Award-nominated composer)
- David Campbell (Arranger-conductor: Adele, Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Radiohead, Rolling Stones, Muse)
- Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums: Sting, Herbie Hancock, Frank Zappa)
- David Pomeranz (Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter)
- David Broza (Israeli Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter)
- Kate Ceberano (Australian Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter and Aria Award winner)
- Diego Verdaguer (Latin Grammy Award nominee and Gold Album artist)
- Alberto Plaza (Latin American Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter)
- France D’Amour (French Canadian Gold Album singer-songwriter)
- Carlitos Del Puerto (Bass: Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Alejandro Sanz)
- Tom Brechtlein (Drums: Kenny Loggins, Natalie Cole, Frank Gambale)
- Se-hwang Kim (Psy, SS501, 2PM)
Powered by a sense of global unity, the artists perform from their homes, participating in cross-continental and cross-genre collaborations. The performers hail from South Africa, Australia, Israel, Spain, Chile, the Caribbean, South Korea, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela and throughout the United States.
“Knowing myself to be a lover of music and setting the tone, I jumped right in,” said Tebogo Louw. “I’m excited about the positive message that I’m able to help communicate through my voice and the music. I can’t buy that feeling anywhere!”
What: Stay Well Concert
Where and when: scientology.tv and YouTube Live, Facebook Live and Periscope on Friday, 22 May 2020