The Beyond Busking Project Auditions take place on 15 June, 2022, at the Castle of Good Hope, Secunda Hall in Cape Town from 11 am to 3 pm. The venture is a Cape Town Festival partnership with Castle of Good Hope and supported by Ariva Arts Foundation, The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS), and Rootspring NPC.
All interested artists and buskers must prepare a 15 – 20 minute performance for their audition.
Skills development programme
Selected participants will be taken through a Beyond Busking skills development programme where the organisers will:
1. Assess each busker and create a support programme according to their needs.
2. Identify those buskers who will benefit from equipment upgrades and put them through training and master classes.
4. Put qualifying buskers through an accredited songwriting course to encourage original work.
5. Provide master classes on stage presence and vocal training.
6. Provide free studio time to compose, arrange and produce music.
Interested artists and buskers can contact Thabo at email@example.com, or 084 894 6890 for the application form.
Cape Town Festival introduced the Beyond Busking Project to alleviate the stigma around busking and to create a world where buskers are celebrated and respected for what they do. They aim to live in a world where buskers are safe and not harassed for making sustainable income for themselves.
Public art, street art, and street performance or busking are encourage by the City of Cape Town’s Arts and Culture Branch.
What: Beyond Busking Project auditions
When: 15 June 2022, 11 am to 3 pm.
Where: Castle of Good Hope, Secunda Hall, Cape Town